Evocation, the ultimate form of flattery
Porsche Carrera RSR 3.8
Built by Bailey Cars
345 HP, 400 NM
The original and now unaffordable Porsche 911 3.0 Litre RSR was a 1973/74 homologation special for the post 917-era. The RSR is without doubt one of the most iconic Porsche racing cars of all time that enjoyed enormous levels of success such as when Gijs van Lennep and Herbert Muller won the Targo Florio in and when 12 RSR’s were entered in the IROC series.
The build costs of this evocation are estimated to be more than Euro 165,000. Built from a 1980 911SC chassis, it has a 964 engine, G50 gearbox, and numerous other high-quality racing modifications. The car was well-known at Porsche Club South Africa, where it competed successfully in various club events in 2014.
This fantastic RSR evocation provides the perfect opportunity to acquire a purpose-built racing car at a fraction of the cost of the original.
Some Highlights and specs
- 3.8Litre 964 Engine
- Wössner Pistons and Barrels
- Titanium Springs and Con Rods
- Full race camshaft
- RAR Manifolds
- WeberIDA 45
- G505 speed Gearbox and Hargett Shifter
- 80 Litre Fuel tank
- Fully adjustable Elephant Sway bars
- Bilstein 930 Spec. Shock absorbers, Eibach Springs
- AP Racing 964 Brakes, Adjustable brake bias.
- Front: Rose jointed wishbones and custom McPherson struts.
- Rear: Rose jointed adjustable semi trailing arms
- Bailey racing 16” 3 piece split rims
- Complete Rollcage
- Safety Fuel cell