Regretfully selling my beautiful numbers matching original SC coupe after a 9-year long all-stock restoration, with regular short (fun) local drives to keep fresh. Garaged since I've owned it, with most work performed by the best I could find in the mid-Atlantic region of the US. Final stage is the engine rebuild underway, to be completed Jan - Feb., by an accomplished vintage Porsche engine rebuilder. Glass-out repaint from bare metal, Glasurit single stage in original Grand Prix white. All new interior, including recovered dash, front seats, headliner, door panels, pillars, etc. Transmission has been rebuilt and shifts smoothly with the aid of a factory short-shift linkage kit. Other work completed includes:
- CIS fully rebuilt, new airbox, vacuum tested
- New brake calipers, steel braided lines, brake pads
- Right rear wheel bearing replaced
- Fuel tank removed, stripped, recoated
- Sunroof completely restored, cables/channels cleaned, all seals replaced
- Interior ventilation system restored, new fan, ducts, flappers and dash controls
- A/C and hoses removed, A/C fan retained and ducted to center dash vent
- New windshield; all glass seals replaced
- New Maxilite fuchs-style wheels
- New BF Goodrich Advantage T/A Sport Tires
- New rear parcel shelf
- Rebuilt alternator
- Engine fan housing sonically checked, with zinc chromate corrosion protection
- Original Blaupunkt radio/cassette with amp, equalizer and remote control, all fully functioning
Complete list of restoration tasks with receipts/photos available to interested buyers.
- To be replaced with engine: Heat exchangers, crossover tube. Your choice of stock or - Billy Boat muffler. New catalytic converter
- Original steering wheel is included with leather cover.
- The arm rests and door pockets need to be mounted. They are in very good condition.
- The rear bumperettes were removed for aesthetic reasons.
Selling price has been set at $46,000