ALFA ROMEO GT 1300 JUNIOR
Frame no. 1284928
Power: 102 HP - 76 kW at 6000 rpm
Max speed 170 km / h
Rear Drive (RWD)
Manual Gearbox 5 Reports
In 1966, in consideration of the good commercial success of the Sprint GT, a less demanding version of the car was launched in Arese, with a smaller displacement engine and cheaper finishes, to offer the market a product with a price and a running cost. more sustainable by young customers, growing strongly thanks to the beneficial effects of the economic boom.
Aimed above all at the young “Alfisti”, the Junior quickly became the best-selling model of the entire Giulia GT range.
Once again Bertone was called to design the bodywork of the new coupé and, thanks also to the talent of a young Giorgetto Giugiaro, the new Giulia GT was an immediate success, with performance not much lower than the 1600 models, the Junior trim levels were soon declined. on most Alfa Romeo models.
Thanks to this commercial strategy, together with the Sprint GT versions with 1.6-liter engine, a version with a displacement reduced to 1290 cm³, baptized GT 1300 Junior, entered the price list.
The Junior had a simplified set-up: no brake booster, rubber floor, plastic dashboard without center console, two-spoke steering wheel, less profiled seats and different hubcaps.
In 1967 the Juniors were equipped with power brakes and two years later, while maintaining the "step", they lost the "flat" dashboard with four instruments to make room for a new black plastic dashboard, similar to that of the 1750 GT Veloce. The whole range also benefited from the introduction of the alternator instead of the dynamo and of the clutch with diaphragm spring and hydraulic control, generalized on the entire Giulia range.
- Matching chassis and engine number
- Particular and refined plum-colored paint
- Recent total restoration of the bodywork, no traces of scratches or rust
- Engine completely overhauled, some parts replaced.
- Interior restored a few years ago
- Original seats, door paneling, carpet on the floor, in very good condition
- Well hinged doors and hoods
- The original instrumentation is in perfect working order
- Three-spoke Hellebore wooden steering wheel
- Smooth shifting and with precise shifts, the engine runs full, with optimal tuning
- Original restored rims, new tires.
This beautiful GT 1300 Junior still remains today, the ideal car to convey new emotions to even the most demanding of Alfistas.
Today it is possible to view the car online, by booking a call with one of our commercial operators, via Skype, Zoom, Whatsapp and Google Meet platforms.