MERCEDES-BENZ 420 SE
Internal code: MER00042
Frame nr 1260341A376815
8 cylinder V engine
Max power / speed 170 KW (231 HP) 5,400 rpm
Maximum torque 335 Nm
Rear Drive (RWD)
Max speed 215 km / h
Acceleration 0-100km / h in 8.2 sec
Automatic 4-speed gearbox
The presentation of the W126 series took place at the Frankfurt Motor Show in September 1979 and can be considered the first modern flagship of the Stuttgart company.
It was in fact the first Mercedes-Benz to make use of electronics, initially only in some devices including ABS.
From a design standpoint, the W126 initially aroused some perplexity among more traditional customers.
The aesthetic gap with the rest of the Mercedes production was remarkable, even if it represented the result of a search for more sober and less showy lines, a sort of stylistic austerity also resulting from the previous economic crisis.
However, the level of finish, the classic interior design, the high degree of safety, the presence of chrome, albeit more discreet and the absolute comfort on board were perfectly in line with the tradition of the 3-pointed star.
For these reasons, despite the first criticisms of the sobriety of the lines, the W126 was soon able to establish itself in the flagship market, where it became one of the reference sedans.
- Recently repainted, excellent body condition, no scratches or traces of rust
- Headlights, moldings, spoilers, badges and writings in perfect condition
- Original interior with dark gray velvet seats
- Well preserved door panels
- Central bridge with briar elements in good condition
- Engine overhauled regularly
- Working instrumentation with Kenwood radio
- New carpet and mats
- Newly restored rims, 90% tires
One of the fastest sedans of the time.
Today it is possible to view the car online, by booking a call with one of our commercial operators, via Skype, Zoom, Whatsapp and Google Meet platforms.